Biological and Agricultural Engineering
Global Affairs Position
Associate Vice Provost of Global Education and Services
Global Education and Services Global Affairs
Professor of Biological and Agricultural Engineering
Department of Biological and Agricultural Engineering
College of Engineering
- Exposure assessment and development of interventions for the prevention of musculoskeletal disorders among agricultural workers
- Basic understanding of the effects of stooped postures and stooped work on the spine
- Biomechanics of ladders in agriculture
- Ph.D., The Ohio State University - Industrial and Systems Engineering
- M.S., Virginia Tech University - Industrial Engineering and Operations Research
- B.S., Texas Tech University - Industrial Engineering
Aches and pains in agriculture: Have we done enough? Fathallah FA. 2010 Jul;16(3):139-40. PMID: 20836435
Development and evaluation of ergonomic interventions for bucket handling on farms. Fathallah FA, Tang SC, Waters T. Hum Factors. 2016 Aug;58(5):758-76. PMCID: PMC5101543
Effect of a personal weight transfer device on muscle activities and joint flexions in the stooped posture. Ulrey BL, Fathallah FA. J Electromyogr Kinesiol 2013 Feb;23(1):195-205. PMID: 23021604
Low back muscle fatigue measurements of cyclic and prolonged stooped work. Nou D, Miller BJ, Fathalla FA. Proceedings Human Factors and Ergonomics Society Annual Meeting. 2012;56(1):1196-1200.
Orchard ladders with shorter rung spacing for stone fruit harvest. Duraj V, Fathallah F, Miles J, Meyers J, Guzman D, Hunter T. 2015 Proceedings of the 19th International Ergonomics Triennial Congress. Melbourne, Australia.
Sensor-based stooped work monitoring in robot-aided strawberry harvesting. Khosro-Anjom F, Rehal RS, Fathallah FA, Wilken KD, Vougioukas SG. Am Soc Agr Bio Engineers. 2014; Paper number: 141913911.
Subject-specific, whole-body models of the stooped posture with a personal weight transfer device. Ulrey BL, Fathallah FA. J Electromyogr Kinesiol 2013 Feb;23(1):206-15. PMID: 23021605