Who is eligible for California AgrAbility services?
Anyone who resides in California living with a disability or long-term health condition who works in agriculture. This includes:
- Farm and/or Ranch Operators
- Farm and/or Ranch Employees
- Seasonal/Migrant Workers
- Family Members of Workers
California AgrAbility assists people living with a disability. Examples of disabilities include but are not limited to:
- Vision or Hearing Impairment
- Respiratory Diseases
- Spinal Cord or Back Injury
- Chronic Illnesses or pain
What services are provided?
- Farm site assessments to identify daily farm and living tasks that are difficult while client is living with the disability.
- Recommendation of modifications, equipment, or assistive technology (AT) that will assist the client to complete tasks without further injury.
- Connection or referral to agency resources such as local or state programs that can help the client live a successful life. Some examples include peer support, transportation services, or clinical services.
- Outreach and presentations to help farmers and ranchers continue to do what they love most safely.